FAYREFIELD FOODS LTD
The treatment of personal data is important to us. This notice outlines the information we hold and the way in which we treat it. Fayrefield Foods Ltd is the data controller of your information.
Personal data – How we collect it?
Fayrefield Foods Ltd deals primarily with other businesses in the dairy and related industries. The vast majority of information it holds is therefore not personal information but information on other businesses. We may however hold limited personal information as a result of our trading activities including:
- details on our own employees and agency workers;
- details of our customers and suppliers (who operate as sole traders or partnerships) which they give to us on setting up an account;
- the details of individuals who work for corporate entities with which we do business including for example information from their business cards or of their email addresses;
- the names and addresses of individuals who return products bought through third parties to us as the manufacturer;
- CCTV images recorded for security reasons at our various sites;
- Information obtained from third parties in the usual course of business including credit insurers.
All this information is obtained either because it is required for the purpose of performing a contract with you or for the purpose of legitimate business interest.
Our privacy notice in respect of employees and agency workers information is held on our internal share point site.
Personal data – What we do with it?
We use your information to transact business with you. This includes informing you of product updates, price changes and other information by email. We may use the information to run a credit check on your business or to appoint a debt collection agency in the event of none payment. We store the information on our servers in the UK.
Whom we share personal data with?
We do not generally share your data with third parties but this would happen with:
- IT service providers that help us with internal IT issues;
- companies that provide credit reports;
- companies that provide debt collection services; insurers; transport, storage and logistic companies who process and deliver our goods.
- any instance where we have a legal obligation to do so
How long we keep your data?
As the majority of data we keep is business related it would be our usual policy to keep this for a period of ten years after a business transaction has taken place.
We do not use individual details for data profiling.
How to contact the Regulator?
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data. you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns(opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).
How to contact us?
Write to: Fayrefield Foods Ltd
This policy was last updated on 4th September 2019.